Monday, 2 March 2015

Home Sweet Home


Something a little bit different today, not sure if I have shared anything crafty before but I really do love making 'things' out of 'stuff', so it seems good to share that with the ethereal blogosphere!

There are lots of things that make a house a home, for starters the people who live there and the memories made within the four walls, but we can't deny that material items and their associations do add something. I'm extremely picky when it comes to such things, I don't like anything generic, fussy, out of colour scheme or with no practical use! I'll be the first to admit I'm a nightmare to buy a present for! So basically, nearly everything in my house is either a gift, second hand (you'd run out of fingers if you tried to keep count of how many things I could say, "That was Grandad's" about) or home made, and everything must have a function, even if that function is just filling up a blank wall or holding a candle. 

So, in keeping with this pick 'n' mix kind of blog, I thought I would share a few of the items I've made in case any readers are also crafters or homemakers of some sort. I'd love to know what you think of them or hear about some of your home/craft ideas, especially if you're as fussy as I am!

Old jars, bottles, buttons and ribbons have been recycled into mood lighting for the living room.

Several people said this wall was just too white, so I made some co-ordinating bunting!

A good friend used to leave post it notes over my house, they've now been turned into motivational art for my bedroom wall.
After months of collecting toilet rolls, I created this wall hanging for the upstairs loo!

Easy peasy, carefully placed buttons and glue make a very fitting piano adornment.

I got sad once the hanging baskets were done for the summer, so I wove in some solar lights and now they still look pretty!

Those are my ideas so far, and I've had lots of fun thinking about them and making them happen, what are your home hints?

No comments:

Post a Comment