Friday, 10 May 2013

'Thank God for' Friday

It's another thankful Friday and I am feeling very blessed. So I'll get straight into it and thank God for...

Holidays!

I got back last night from a week's worth of fun in the sun in Crete with my friend Laura Whitmill (who I am also extremely thankful to God for). Technically I booked the holiday, and the nice people at Thomson delivered it, but there are so many ways in which we saw it was actually God's provision and blessing throughout the time. Firstly, the timing, both of us had had a pretty hectic lead up to it and were running out of steam, which we couldn't have foreseen when booking it. We both kept saying how amazingly relaxed and refreshed we felt, and how needed that was.

So relaxed on a (free) pedalo enjoying stunning scenery.

Secondly, our safety, there are many things that could go wrong when you venture abroad but we were kept safe while travelling (even when our plane was hit by lightning on the way back) and during our stay. The place felt so secure that never once did I worry about where I'd left my things, and we both remained healthy and uninjured for the whole time, even in the more extreme activities (which I'll get to later!)

Loving life at Disco Dijonossos!

We were also hugely blessed to be able to spend time with God and be refreshed by the Bible. Laura had bought us both a copy of 40/40 which is all about renewing your mind and guides you in biblical reflection. There are so many truths that I was in need of being reminded of and it did so in a really refreshing and engaging way; truths such as God's goodness in creation, the way that He sees us, His faithfulness and perfect planning, the way that He transforms lives and more.


You can never really be sure what a place will be like when you book, but we struck gold with our resort. The location, buildings, facilities, staff, food, drink and well, everything, was excellent. I'd definitely recommend Nana Beach to anyone, regardless of age group or interest as there was so much that you could do, or not do and there were several pools, restaurants and bars to suit all preferences.

Nana Beach really looked after us, they even gave us an Easter present!
Last, but definitely not least, we were blessed by each other. We really wanted the same things out of a holiday, and so every decision was unaminous! We enjoyed doing the same things and liked the same ratio of rest to activity and we had lots of laughs. We also did lots of crazy things like learning the handshake from the Parent Trap, going Paragliding and going on a rubber ring ride towed by a speed boat! Moreover, we talked about lots; things that only matter a little bit and things we think are really important, things that we're struggling with and things that bring us joy. Certainly, speaking for myself, I found these conversations so encouraging, inspiring and challenging and God certainly used Laura to help me understand and love the gospel more.

We had a similar sense of silliness! Night time in the kids' pool!

So today (what's left of it) I am thanking God for all his goodness over a wonderful holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment