Thursday, 21 June 2012

Joy - as taught by Mr P.Nutini


I love this song, so I thought I'd take the 'Pencil full of lead' test for contentment levels, why not try it yourself? - 

1, 2, 3, 4     
I got a sheet for my bed,    Got
And a pillow for my head    Tick
I got a pencil full of lead,   Free stationery at work
And some water for my throat    In abundance
I've got buttons for my coat;     And zips
and sails on my boat       Not got
So much more than I needed before
I got money in the meter and a two bar heater    General central heating
Now it's getting hotter;     I live in Wales, but I like rain too
Oh it's only getting sweeter    I made some cheesecake on the weekend
I got legs on my chairs and a head full of hear      Tick tick
Pot and a pan    Got got
And some shoes on my feet;    Not right now, but I'm inside
I got a shelf full of books       Love it
and most of my teeth    it's true
A few pairs of socks     and tights
and a door with a lock     I do
I got food in my belly     Mum just made me tea
and a license for my telly     Though I'd rather not watch it
And nothing's going to bring me down     No sir-reee
I got a nice guitar    I don't, but a piano and flute are pretty good
and tyres on my car     4 of them
I got most of the means;    eh?
and scripts for the scenes     I've got the Bible
I'm out and about,      Every night so far this week
so I'm in with a shout     Me? Loud?
I got a fair bit of chat but better than that    Me? Cheeky?
Food in my belly and a license for my telly    As above
And nothing's going to bring me down     
Nothing's going to bring me down


But best of all (best of all)

I've got my baby      I don't, but I dont want one right now
She's mighty fine and says she's all mine     I'm sure she is Mr N, enjoy her.  
And nothing's going to bring me down



Life's pretty sweet!

And what really struck me when pondering the words is the following:

Joy is when what you have got is more important to you than what you haven't.
Truest joy is when having Jesus is more important to you than anything else you have or haven't got.

Thanks Paolo :)




1 comment: