Friday, 20 April 2012

'Thank God for' Friday!

I thought I'd start a weekly tradition of having a 'Thank God for' post at the end of each working week. It's really easy to get bogged down into whatever is going on at a particular time and just slogging through, so this will be a chance to give God the credit He's due for and the amazing things He does all the time. 

I'm going to start with one that is well cheesy and cliche, but I pretty much always forget to thank God for it and without it I'd soon realise how important it is.

Thank God for my health.

This comes to mind at the moment for a few reasons. Firstly, I had a pretty nasty bump to the head on Tuesday morning which really really hurt, but apart from a weird little line on my forehead there's no major damage; no dizziness or headaches or massive bruise or cut. Pretty amazing, the way God made us with body parts like skin and bones that have natural resilence and protection, even against stupid things like jumping onto a cupboard instead of your pillow. Secondly, I have quite a few people around me who are suffering with illness and it's so difficult, I thank God that he is still faithful even through those hard situations and pray that I can show his love to those who really need to see it right now. Finally, there are just so many things that without my health and mobility I wouldn't be able to do, like jump around like a crazy thing at aerobics, or drive myself to Swansea every day or walk to church or tons more. So thanks God, health is a gift, and you are so good for giving it to me.

P.S. If you liked this you might like 'Five Fact Friday's over at Rachel's blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment